Our next Open Day:
ISA BREAKING NEWS
We are so pleased to announce that we are shortlisted for two ISA awards:
· Excellence and Innovation in Art
· Prep School Award for Academic Excellence and Innovation
RESULTS FOR YEAR 11 2019
Duke of Kent School Year 11 students are celebrating a wonderful set of GCSE and IGCSE results.
highlights are as follows:
- 51% of all grades are Grades 7/8/9 (the equivalent of A or A*)
- 100% of our students have achieved the benchmark of 5 GCSE passes including IGCSE English Language and Maths
- 100% success rate in English Language, English Literature and Maths
- 35% of our students achieved Grade 8 or 9 in Maths (A*)
- 63% of our students achieved Grade 8 or above in one of more subjects
- 25% of the overall total Grades were scored 8 or 9
- Overall, a 99% pass rate for all the exams was achieved
were some excellent individual performances with 5 pupils gaining Grades 7-9
(A-A*) in all of their GCSEs. We are equally proud of the students who have
worked tirelessly during their school career to achieve the grades they deserve. There is a collection of equally hard fought Grade 4s (C) that we are celebrating with just as much enthusiasm.
are immensely proud, not only of the efforts of this talented group of
young people, but also of a motivated and dedicated staff. Every
member of the whole staff team has contributed to these results.
Click GCSE RESULTS 2019 for a full list of results
Duke of Kent School
Outstanding education with a breath of fresh air
We are an excellent school, in an inspiring setting.
"The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent." ISI, January 2017
"The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent." ISI, January 2017
We focus on educating the whole pupil and care deeply about each child.
At Duke of Kent School we:
- get to know and value each and every pupil as an individual
- develop their personal and academic interests, allowing them to grow and flourish
- teach them that effort reaps rewards
- expect them to strive for personal bests in the classroom, on the sports fields, and in the arts
- guide them to become reflective learners
- encourage them to work hard and to persist towards their goals
We challenge, support and engage every pupil, to be the best they can be, whilst allowing them the freedom to be exactly who they want to be.
Pupils leave our care as happy, independent, compassionate and considerate citizens with a well-placed belief in their own talents and a positive outlook on the future. Our aim is to develop rounded, grounded individuals with many joyful memories, and a desire to go out into the world and make a difference.
About Duke of Kent School
Watch our school videos