Ethos and Aims
Duke of Kent School Ethos
We expect all members of the community to exercise tolerance, kindness, respect and empathy. We value diversity and pursue equal opportunities for all.
Our Aims and Expectations
- We aim to build a community in which kindness and respect are central and to pursue equal opportunities for all.
- We aim to know and care for our pupils as individuals, to promote their well-being and to respond to their needs and interests.
- We aim to offer a broad, engaging, stimulating and challenging age-appropriate curriculum to all our pupils, from Nursery to Year 11. We aim to support and challenge pupils in all areas of their development: linguistic, logical, personal, physical, social, moral, cultural and spiritual.
- We aim to develop a growth mindset in our pupils and expect pupils and teachers to focus on the ‘personal best’ approach, striving for improvement.
- We want our pupils to experience the joy of learning alongside their teachers, inside and beyond the classroom; we aim to equip them to be independent thinkers and learners throughout their lives.
- We aim to teach pupils to be positive, compassionate and constructive members of their local and global community, ready to face the challenges of the future, and to provide them with opportunities for teamwork, leadership, service and moral development.
- We aim to work in partnership with parents to support and promote all aspects of pupils’ development.